Monday, April 25, 2011

A Rare Find at the New York City Auto Show; Antique Iowa Highway Patrol



I suppose a patrol car like this must have cruised US Route 6 circa 1950-something.  (Or - 60-something?).  Even in Manhattan, on a stormy April Saturday in 2011, I find myself exposed to reminders of my chosen cross-country route.  No signs indicated that this Iowa Patrol car cased Route 6 in particular, but I'm pretty sure this vehicle existed prior to the construction of the Interstate and therefore it would be a pretty good guess that it covered "Highway 6." 

If anyone out there (Dave, Rex?) can "steer" me in right direction, I'd love to know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Malerie, what you have here appears to be a 1960 Plymouth. If we could find out what county in Iowa it patroled, we would know better, but sure seems likely we could have seen its lights in our rearview mirror on Route 6, back in the day!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here: