Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sunrise, Sunset on US Route 6

I just witnessed the first real Spring sunset of the year here in Connecticut.  A ball of fire, low in the sky, segmented by the still-bare limbs of just-budding trees, clouds cast in pinks and purples; it was indescribably moving.  Sunrises and sunsets move me, what can I say?  They captivate me and give me chills.  I'm a sucker for them.  And one of the blessings of crossing our continent is the opportunity to see the sun rise and set over a myriad of landscapes.  The Atlantic Ocean on the East Coast.  The feminine humps of the Allegheny Mountain Range in PA.  The Great Lakes in Ohio. The farm fields of the midwest and serrated peaks of the Rocky Mountains. The deserts of Nevada and California and finally the Pacific Ocean.

I am looking forward to six weeks worth of morning and evening celestial shows. I know there will be rainy days and nights.  But those dreary grey wet hours make those sun-streaked moments all the more spectacular.

I hope to bring you a daily dose of Route 6 sunrises and sunsets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment here: