Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Take Me To the River: Ribbons of Water on US Route 6


East River, New York, NY
Mountains, valleys, plains, prairies, cities, deserts; as a woman with insatiable wanderlust, I'm a fan of them all.  But throw in a coursing waterway and I'm in my element.  Babbling brooks and fierce white-water send me into states of bliss. (Not for nothing is Samuel Clemens, aka Mark Twain, my favorite author).

Fortunately, US Route 6 is replete with rivers, and  when I'm not driving over them or traversing them, I hope to stay in lodgings with "rvr-vu"s.  (At the same time, I'm keeping my eye on reports of rising rivers in MO and parts of the upper Midwest and wish for drier, safer, and less fraught times for all effected).


Along the Connecticut Coast
Though not on Route 6, these posted photos are indicative of the vistas I hope to find along the way.  Whether it's the Hudson, the Missouri, the Mississippi or smaller tributaries, I'm looking forward to going with the flow.


1 comment:

  1. For me it's less the water and more the bridge that spans it! Give me trusses of steel or iron, or arches of concrete or stone, and I am a very happy man.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment here: